Welcome to the Abandoned places Wiki![edit | edit source]
Here is a Wiki for abandoned cemeteries, businesses, houses, famous landmarks, people involved in urban exploration, etc.!
Writing articles is encouraged.
Give a voice to those that are forgotten.
New content[edit | edit source]
- 5/25 Even though the article still needs a bit more detail (hopefully it will be researched and expanded sometime in the future), at least photos have finally been added to the Beeler Cemetery page.
- 5/7 Read about how Houston's "eighth wonder of the world", the Astrodome (and later the Reliant Astrodome) came to an end here.
- 5/6 You don't hear about too many incorporated towns with only a population of one person! So you can read about Monowi, Nebraska here!
Handy quick guide for this site[edit | edit source]
Abandoned places' articles can be easily accessed (for the most part) by clicking on the following categories and/or pages!
- Abandoned businesses
- Abandoned cemeteries
- Abandoned cities and towns
- Abandoned government and/or educational facilities
- Abandoned places by country
- Miscellaneous abandoned places
How to write an article[edit | edit source]
Wiki writing can be confusing, if not overwhelming to a first (or the few) time writer. There will be a page devoted just for this subject at some point, as well as precautions to take when on abandoned properties, how to do research on them in order to provide the most information possible for your article, etc.
As for now, authors' best bets include either leaving messages on the founder's talk page or by clicking on the Abandoned places by country page and finding the country where the abandoned place they wish to write about is on. Click on that, then add the town or city if it is not there, surrounded by double brackets ([[ ]]). Click Publish, then click on the town or city and repeat the previous step, although add the name of the abandoned place to it instead (and again, surround the place with double brackets), click Publish, and then click on it one last time in order to add your article. True, it might seem like a bunch of steps to do, but it's best to keep things organized that way.
Thank you, and we hope you enjoy your stay at places that may indeed have some company after all...